(as of 31 Dec 2022)
Total inventory: 111,672 catalogued media (70% available in open-access shelving)
- 68,112 musical scores, including complete editions, commemorative editions, orchestral parts and chamber music from all periods as well as pedagogical scores and sheet music.
- 25,466 books on the central topics music, dance, theatre, drama and literature as well as the history of culture and the arts, pedagogy and media studies. Numerous reference books on the central topics of the library, literature in several languages.
- 9,259 audio-visual media, primarily LPs, videos, CD Roms, CDs and DVDs.
- 140 ongoing specialist yearbooks, periodicals, journals and newspapers (5,414 issues).
- Special stocks, including bequests from Friedrich Gulda, Josef Laska and Helmut Schiff, many valuable facsimiles and historical publications as well as the music archive of the AKM (more than 40,000 scores)