(as of 31 Dec 2021)
Total inventory: 108,190 catalogued media (70% available in open-access shelving)
- 66,349 musical scores, including complete editions, commemorative editions, orchestral parts and chamber music from all periods as well as pedagogical scores and sheet music.
- 24,492 books on the central topics music, dance, theatre, drama and literature as well as the history of culture and the arts, pedagogy and media studies. Numerous reference books on the central topics of the library, literature in several languages.
- 9,210 audio-visual media, primarily LPs, videos, CD Roms, CDs and DVDs.
- 138 ongoing specialist yearbooks, periodicals, journals and newspapers (4,780 issues).
- Special stocks, including bequests from Friedrich Gulda, Josef Laska and Helmut Schiff, many valuable facsimiles and historical publications as well as the music archive of the AKM (more than 40,000 scores)