The media inventory of the library of the Anton Bruckner Private University comprises a wide range of scores, books, AV-media, periodicals and electronic resources on the core themes music, dance, drama, pedagogy, literature and the history of the arts ( see also Facts and Figures).
Open-access shelving makes most of the media readily available to our users.
Classification system (in German)
Complete editions, general reference works, journals and books on the reserve shelf ("Semesterapparat") are among the media which may not be borrowed.
Modern services, such as media workstations, scanners and a reading lounge, invite people to linger in the library, and the self-service system makes borrowing swift and uncomplicated.
- Self-service lending stations,which make the borrowing of media particularly efficient.
Instructions for self-service borrowing (in German)
- Overhead scanner: by using the overhead scanner, material can be digitalized and stored on a USB stick (or a digital memory card). The illumination from above means that no damage is caused to the original material. Use of the scanner is free of charge.
Scanner instructions (in German)
- 2 reading rooms with a total of 24 single working places
- 5 computers for research
- Media screening and listening room
- Photocopier/scanner: In the library you can make copies (B/W or colour) and scans using either your Brucknercard or Quick-Chip.
- Binding a Bachelor or Master thesis: the thesis must be printed out - as many copies as you require - and handed in at the library desk. The works will be bound within 24 hours. Prices: € 10,00 hard cover, € 3,00 soft cover.
- HAN: members of the ABPU can access licensed products of the Digital Library from outside the university campus using HAN. You can log in using your bruckneronline registration data.