Ombudsman mediation services of the Anton Bruckner Private University for Music, Drama and Dance
The Ombudsman mediation service of the Anton Bruckner Private University (ABPU) was set up on behalf of the presidium and with the agreement of the student representatives as a service facility for all students of the university.
Functions of the Ombudsman service
- All students can consult the Ombudsman service of the ABPU for information and advice about all aspects of study courses, teaching, examinations and administration. In the case of problems in a particular area the mediation service will make contact with the relevant persons with the aim of finding solutions promptly and without unnecessary bureaucracy.
- In addition, the Ombudsman service of the APBU takes on those jobs and functions allotted to it in the framework of the quality management of the ABPU. The remit of the quality management is laid down in the statutes of the ABPU.
- The Ombudsman service works in co-operation with, among others, the quality team of the ABPU, the ABPU student representatives and the Equal Opportunities Commission of the ABPU.
Limits of jurisdiction
- Problems which cannot be solved by the Ombudsman service of the ABPU may – after consultation with the quality team of the ABPU – be referred to the Ombudsman service of the bmwfw (Federal ministry of science, research and the economy).
- The Ombudsman service for students cannot amend existing regulations (laws, provisions, decrees) or intervene in ongoing official proceedings.
- The Ombudsman service for students cannot represent students in court.
- The Ombudsman service for students has no authority to issue directives or make decisions.
- The Ombudsman service of the ABPU is committed to confidentiality and to the strict protection of data privacy.
The Ombudsman service of the ABPU can be reached via E-Mail (a.roserbruckneruniat) and /or landline telephone (+43 732 701000 - 207). Contact person: Prof. Dr. Andreas Roser