Total inventory: 85,000 catalogued media (70% available in open-access shelving)
- 52,000 musical scores, including complete editions, commemorative editions, orchestral parts and chamber music from all periods as well as pedagogical scores and sheet music.
- 21,000 books on the central topics music, dance, theatre, drama and literature as well as the history of culture and the arts, pedagogy and media studies. Numerous reference books on the central topics of the library, literature in several languages.
- 8,000 audio-visual media, primarily LPs, videos, CD Roms, CDs and DVDs.
- 140 ongoing specialist yearbooks, periodicals, journals and newspapers.
- 1,4 mio. electronic media (scores, CDs, videos, magazine articles, E-books) and 10 licensed data banks
- Special stocks, including bequests from Josef Laska and Helmut Schiff, many valuable facsimiles and historical publications as well as the music archive of the AKM (more than 20,000 scores)